Tuesday, May 19, 2015

URGENT Action Alert

Dear EDC Advocates:
 
If you live in New Hampshire, please reach out to Senator Ayotte’s office THIS WEEK and encourage to become the Republican lead of the Senate version of the Anna Westin Act of 2015. Here are the two ways to do this:
• Phone- 202-224-3324
• Online- http://www.ayotte.senate.gov/?p=contact

 
Below are the scripts to follow in your email and/or call. 
Please keep your emails no more than three paragraphs b/c staff members (staffers) are busy and receive lots of emails every day. [If you call and the staffer has any questions that you can't answer, please just write down the Question and let them know that the EDC will get back to them with an Answer. Then, just email us the question and we'll follow up. :-)] 

Please share this with anyone you wish. Thank you, The EDC

EMAIL SCRIPT:

Dear Senator Ayotte,

My name is [Name] and I live in [City], New Hampshire and I am [list occupation --student, stay at home parent, etc.]. I’ve just heard from the Eating Disorders Coalition that you have shown interest in co-leading the Anna Westin Act of 2015! I am so thrilled that you are interested in taking up this issue that affects so many people, and I highly encourage the Senator to make the decision to take up this issue.
I care about eating disorders because [insert brief synopsis of personal story here.]  As you may know, Rep. Deutch [D-FL] and Rep. Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL] will be introducing the House version of the Anna Westin Act within the next week. This will be the first time in nearly a decade that eating disorders legislation will be introduced with bipartisan support. I hope that we can do the same on the Senate side, with your support.

Sincerely, Name and Address

CALL SCRIPT:


If you call an office: Remember To Talk Slowly To The Staffer Who Answers The Phone…  "Hello, my name is [Name] and I live in [City], New Hampshire and I am [list occupation --student, stay at home parent, etc.]. I’ve just heard from the Eating Disorders Coalition that Senator Ayotte has shown interest in co-leading the Anna Westin Act of 2015! I am so thrilled that the Senator are interested in taking up this issue that affects so many people, and I highly encourage the Senator to make the decision to take up this issue.
I care about eating disorders because [insert brief synopsis of personal story here.]  As you may know, Rep. Deutch [D-FL] and Rep. Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL] will be introducing the House version of the Anna Westin Act within the next week. This will be the first time in nearly a decade that eating disorders legislation will be introduced with bipartisan support. I hope that we can do the same on the Senate side, with your boss' support. The bill is designed to have a zero to almost zero CBO score.  Thank you so much for your time."

please let us (The EDC) know if you call/email the Senator's office.

No comments: