May 12, 2015
We are SO excited to see everyone tonight and tomorrow...and we can hardly believe that #TheTimeIsNow is finally upon us --a long-time in the making, it's time to introduce #AnnasLaw.
5 POINTS OF BUSINESS IN THIS UPDATE:
1. Thank you's to our champions
2. National Virtual Lobby Day 2b. TWEET-SUPPORT
3. Anna's Law summary/recap
4. Weather in DC
5. Taking care of YOU
1. THANK YOU: to Congressman Ted Deutch and Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen for your dedication to our cause. Without your hard work, and your staff (especially Joel and Wes) we would not have such an incredible bill to advocate for, on behalf of ALL those impacted by #eatingdisorders. Looking forward to seeing you tonight and honoring you, our champions.
2. IF YOU CAN'T BE IN DC: YOUR VOICE STILL MATTERS GREATLY! IF YOU WANT TO ADVOCATE: EDC National Virtual Lobby Day launches tomorrow and runs from 9am - 5:30pm EST. We will be making calls to our Representatives (House). We'll post all the info you need in order to make your calls, INCLUDING A SCRIPT TO GUIDE YOUR CALLS. 2b. WE ALSO ASK FOR YOUR TWEET-SUPPORT tomorrow. Hashtag: #AnnasLaw We'll post our top-10 Tweets later today!! (a long-time and wonderful EDC advocate, Nicole, is currently creating them for us!)
3. ANNA'S LAW SUMMARY/RECAP: Here are just a few ways to continue learning about #AnnasLaw:
--EDC blog: http://eatingdisorderscoalition.blogspot.com/2015/05/annaslaw-top-10.html
--The Anna Westin Story: video https://youtu.be/kjFP_4P7EKc
--SIGN UP with the EDC to receive updates: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FriendsoftheEDC
4. WEATHER: OK, so we tried...but like many things, the weather is out of our control. It's going to be HOT AND HUMID today -so please, please, please take extra care to HYDRATE well. Dress for the weather, wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella to block out the sun.
5. (Perhaps most importantly)TAKING CARE OF YOU while in DC:
#eatingdisorders. Looking forward to seeing you tonight and honoring you, our champions.
There is nothing more important than taking EXCELLENT care of your Self always --but especially while you are here for EDC National Lobby Day. Today and tomorrow are going to be FULL days --full of emotion, hard work, education, walking, walking, walking, and so much more. We need you to be responsible for your well-being and make sure to tend to yourself and your needs above everything else. Advocates are the heart of the EDC, so please make sure that you take extra good care so we can hear your voice tomorrow and for years to come.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT EDC NATIONAL LOBBY DAY, please email us: email@example.com
See you soon!! ~ All of us here at the EDC