Tuesday, March 10, 2015

#TheTimeIsNow -ED Legislation

*teaser alert...but Yay!!*

Dear EDC Advocates,

We will have word soon about when our legislation for 114th Congress will be introduced!! So excited about what's in store legislatively this session and can hardly wait to share all details soon!!

That said, as you know, it takes time to get bills drafted and timing the introduction of a piece of legislation is so very important. This process can probably feel way too slow at times, and for that I apologize! Working on the Hill is often a lesson in patience for us advocates and as I've posted here a few times, "we are impatient with you." And/But...I want to encourage you to trust the legislative process and know that even though it might seem like frozen molasses moves faster than the introduction of legislation, it's worth the wait (I promise).
On a related note, I wanted to put to rest the rumors some have whispered that the EDC isn't introducing legislation this session and that we're not working on early intervention. I'm not sure where or why those rumors got started, but nothing could be farther from the truth. If you ever have any questions about the work we're doing (the work we're doing together WITH you), please never hesitate to reach out to me.

Lastly, I wanted to again offer a very sincere THANK YOU to each and all of the advocates who are supporting the work of the EDC and who have reached out to me directly in an effort to communicate their legislative hopes and dreams. If you have any legislative hopes and dreams you can either email me at: km@eatingdisorderscoalition.org or fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FriendsoftheEDC
‪#‎TheTimeIsNow‬ ‪#‎OurWorkContinues‬ ~Kathleen

No comments: