Dr. Jeanine Cogan, Policy Director for the Eating Disorders Coalition, writes:
Inspired by the great success of our 2010 lobby day this Spring, we launched a Letter Writing Campaign with the ambitious goal of having 1,000 constituents write their Members of Congress. The goal is simple: get your Representative and Senators to be a cosponsor of the Federal Response to Eliminate Eating Disorders bill, aka the FREED Act.
In order to reach that goal, we need your help! Here are a few simple steps:
- Write a letter to your Representative and Senators. It’s easy—just go to http://www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org/Letterwritingcampaign2010.htm
- Tweet it: “Help us eliminate eating disorders by helping to pass the FREED Act! It’s simple; go to: http://ow.ly/1VKWQ” (107 characters)
- Post this as your Facebook status: “Help us eliminate eating disorders by helping to pass the FREED Act! It’s simple; go to: http://www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org/Letterwritingcampaign2010.htm”
- Encourage your Facebook friends to "share" your status!
- Post the message on walls of appropriate Facebook groups/fan pages!
- Send the link http://www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org/Letterwritingcampaign2010.htm with a personal note to all your friends and colleagues in your email address book
- Ask those friends and colleagues to help spread the word
- Send the link http://www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org/Letterwritingcampaign2010.htm to advocacy groups, lists, etc.
- Blog about our Letter Writing Campaign
Thank you for your support and dedication to helping us pass the FREED Act. Together we can make this happen—and save lives!